Friday 24 April 2015

Spring Picks : What I Will Be Wearing The Most





Spring is well under way and I took a great opportunity to get some blog photos done whilst the British sun had his hat on (hip-hip-hip-hooray!).  As well as a good opportunity to get some nice natural light, Spring also provides us with a great excuse to treat ourselves to some new make-up.

I have been a huge fan of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks for some time now and they have added a few shades to the range as well as adding the 'Aqua Laque' range.

On the right : Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist // On the left : Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in Viens Si Tu Roses
First up let's talk about one of my favourite formulas ever, the Rouge Edition Velvet.  It goes on slick, it dries matte, it is not drying on the lips and will stay on for a solid amount of time.  I think the colour range for this product is excellent and the shade 'Nude-ist' is just the perfect nude shade for me.  It looks like I'm wearing something but it is a really subtle something, like my lips but just a little better.  It's my perfect spring shade and I end up wearing this most days when I go to work as it's not too much colour, just the right amount.

Next up it is the Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in Viens Si Tu Roses.  Strange name I know.  Let's start by stating a fact, the formula isn't anywhere close to the Velvet version.  This is not a full on pigmented lipstick but more of a glossy stain.  If you're looking for a lip product which will give you a natural looking colour which is non sticky and not too heavy then you may want to give these a test.

I really like the formula, it's light and non-sticky but it I will be honest and say it doesn't last more than an hour.  I really love the colour though and I am very keen to get this in more shades as they are just really easy to wear.  The colour really suits my skin tone and it just looks natural and easy.  I have found myself wearing this when I just want a slick of colour when I'm just out and about.


On the left : Aqua Laque in shade 04 // On the right : Velvet in shade 07
What are your favourite lip products for Spring?  I would love to know your choices!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment