Monday 20 July 2015

THE Micellar Water You Need To Try





I have noticed that recently my skin was in need of a little extra TLC.  Although my usual skin care of double cleansing (first to remove make-up and then the next to remove any nastiness lurking) has never before caused me any problems before, I have recently been waking up with a really oily face.  An oily complexion is not uncommon for me but waking up with one certainly is.  

I can only assume that, even though I use really gentle products (as I have sensitive skin), my skin is just finding the double cleansing process too stripping and was producing more oil (sebum) to compensate.  I decided it was time to give the double cleansing a rest for a little whilst and instead turn to Micellar water to help me take my make-up off instead. 


Around the time when EVERYONE and their mother was talking about the newest innovative product which will change the beauty industry FOREVER, not sure if it was for me, I had picked up the inexpensive B. Pure Micellar Water.  Before I start I should say perhaps I have just been unfortunate enough to pick up a 'bad' bottle because there are lot of rave reviews about this stuff but I just did not get on with it.  It doesn't touch my make-up and left my skin feeling sticky and tacky and simply just looking irritated.  It has now been removed from my life - it was not even good at being a make-up brush cleaner. 

So when I was lucky enough to be sent the La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution(*) recently, you may not be surprised to hear I was really reluctant to try it in case I had a similar reaction and it burst my perfect bubble surrounding my favourite brand LRP.  However, my experience with this product could not have been any different.



This micellar water product is gentle enough for sensitive skin and gives me excellent results in just one sweep.  I apply a few shakes of this products onto a cotton pad and then wipe once round the face, turning over the cotton pad soaking it again and wiping once more all over the face.  This is gentle enough to use on sensitive eyes and does a good job, however, it isn't as good as my Body Shop Camomile Eye & Lip Make Up Remover so I don't use it for on my eyes as much.  

This product smells beautiful - really fresh and clean and takes all my make-up off effectively and quickly.  I am never left feeling that there is any residue left on my skin and it never feels sticky after use.  My sensitive skin is not irritated using this product and it is just left calm and make-up free. Ingredients wise this product is soap, alcohol, colourant and paraben free and contains La Roche-Posay's thermal spa water which has soothing, softening and anti-irritating properties.

It should be worth noting that micellar waters such as this one, Bio-Derma, etc. are not a replacement step for cleansing and you should then after use go on to cleansing your skin as normal.  As I am now using this as a first step, I am only using one cleansing and this has helped me out so much with my skin as I am no longer waking up with an oily glow in the morning.  

I am just over half way through this bottle which I have been using for about 4 weeks which I believe is a decent amount of time for a product such as this to last.  I will certainly be replacing this product in the not too distant future as it is so great and I finally can see what all the hype was about.

Have you tried the La Roche-Posay Micellar Solution yet?  Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment