Friday 8 May 2015

The £3 Highlighter You Need in Your Make-Up Bag





MakeUp Revolution is a brand that focuses on creating dupes of high-end brands but for a fraction of the price.  I recently gave this brand a whirl and the results were very impressive.


I had been on the search for a MakeUp Revolution stand for a little while and the Superdrug in my train station finally came up trumps with quite a huge offering.  Although it can be pretty daunting to take in all the pretty things at once, I decided on this highlighter and also a dupe for the Naked 2 palette which is called 'Redemption Palette Ionic 2', both purchases of which I am happy with but I really want to showcase the Vivid Baked Highlighter.



There are quite a few options to pick that MakeUp Revolution offer as highlighters but I like 'baked' products and so this really appealed to me.  What is even more appealing about this product (as with as all their products) is the price.  An absolute steal at just £3.00, even if I didn't like this product I could justify not using it for that price.  


This shade is called 'Peach Lights' and it is the perfect pearlescent peachy champagne colour which gives a gorgeous glow when applied on the tops of the check bone.   This highlighter also comes in two other shades called 'Pink Lights' which is more purple in the pan and 'Golden Lights' which is more cream coloured.  Peach Lights is a great shade choice for an everyday highlight and I imagine this would suit many skin tones.

You don't need to over do it with this product, a couple of sweeps with your brush and you're good to go.   I like to use my Real Techniques Contour Brush (contained within the Core Collection) to apply as I find this picks up a nice amount of product and allows me to blend where necessary.  The effect is  nothing too 'in your face' and I find I can use this every day.  Upon application this does contain a slight shimmer but I do not find this product too glittery and I am not left feeling like Edward Cullen when walking out into the sun.  

This is a great piece of kit to start highlighting with if you're not sure what you're doing - you really cannot go wrong wrong with this product.  

You also get a lot of bang for your buck as you're not really using much product to get a nice result and the pan is large enough to keep you going for some time.  I bought this product some time ago (you may be able to see from the casing being so scratched!) and as you see it now, quite a few months on I have barely made a dent in this.  

I originally bought this product as I needed a good highlighter that showed up well when filming videos (click here to see this highlighter in action) and this does an excellent job, it catches the light very well. I actually liked it so much I went back and bought it in 'Pink Lights' although I am yet to use it because I just love this shade so much!

Photo unedited for the purposes of this beautiful highlighter
Have you tried this highlighter?  I would love to hear your thoughts!  I would also love some recommendations for other MakeUp Revolution products if you have any!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment