Wednesday 13 May 2015

Post Blemish Marks? No Problem.





My last post was dedicated to the products I like to use to help control and banish the blemishes but what happens when you're left with tell-tale signs of where a blemish has been calling 'home' for the last week, those pesky little marks?  Well, you need to get your mits on this bad boy.

It is no secret that I am addicted to The Body Shop skin and body products and whilst recently perusing the shelves of one of the many TBS shops that Oxford Street has to offer, the Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion caught my eye.


Always on the hunt for *that magical thing* which will get my skin looking a little better, especially after suffering a break out, I thought this product would be a good investment. It is is designed to help improve the appearance of skin damaged by blemishes and with regular use should help even out marks and discolouration of the skin left behind from blemishes. 

Infused with Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (AKA Lemon Tea Tree Oil) and Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (AKA Tamanu Oil - known for its skin healing abilities on such things as scars and sores) this overnight treatment will get to work whilst you're catching a few zzz's.  

Apply one pump on the back of your hand and massage this clear gel directly into the skin after cleansing and toning and feel its cooling benefit upon application.  This non-sticky formula absorbs easily into the skin with a refreshing scent of tea tree oil.  

Whilst you're snoozing, Glycerin will help your skin to retain water which means your skin gets the hydration it needs whilst the anti-bacterial properties of the Lemon Tea Tree Oil will help prevent any further break outs which means as well as being safe to use post-blemishes, it is also safe to use during a breakout as it won't dry out the skin and will keep it bacteria free. 

I enjoy using this product and waking up in the morning I need not worry about whether this product has broke me out because it never does.  I love products which contain Tea Tree Oil but sometimes they can be a bit drying but that's what it so nice about this product because the combination of ingredients means that doesn't happen.  I haven't used it consistently night after night as my skin has different needs each day, sometimes it needs a good moisturiser, other nights it just needs a break and so I cannot attest to how beneficial this would be with solid use but I can only predict it would do more good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment