Thursday 7 August 2014

Life \\ Face of The Day : Festival Edition



Hey guys,

With August being a really busy festival month, I thought I would share with you a make-up look which I really like for when I'm attending a festival.  Also, later in the week I have a video to link in with the festival theme and it's going to be a what's in my bag : festival edition.

When I am attending a festival, whether it's just for a day or whether it's over a few days, I always like to keep my make-up as simple but effective as possible.  If you've got a festival coming up and want some good products to take with you that are going to stay on and stay put then hopefully this will give you some good ideas because that's what I like to keep in mind when doing my face before a festival.

The most important thing for me is that I am not going to need to keep touching up or checking my make-up hasn't run so wearing products I know are long wearing are the only thing that is essential for me.  Who wants to be checking their make-up at a festival?




First up I'm going to concentrate on the base and at the moment I have a bit of colour so I'm mixing up my foundations in order to find the perfect shade for my skin tone.


To begin with I like to mix up the (2) Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Soft Beige (which is too dark for me normally) with the (4) Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Ivory (which is my normal foundation) and to apply I love using the (5) Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which is really good for buffing my foundation into my skin for a flawless finish.  It's important that my foundation is going to look good because when the sun is shining (and that's what we all pray for when going to a festival!) it shows up when you haven't applied your foundation well.   My favourite loose powder is (3) Bare Minerals Original in Light which gives a light weight finish to my foundation when applied with the (1) Real Techniques Powder Brush.



Next up I'm going to be adding in a bit of colour so I don't look washed out.


I am totally in love with the highlighter from the (1) Sleek Face Form Contour Kit in Light because it just gives this amazing healthy glow to the skin. This highlighter just captures the light perfectly and when the sun is beaming down the last thing you want is to be too glittery but this product contains the right amount of shimmer.  To add a pop of colour to my cheeks, I'm really into (2) NYX Blush Powder in 'Angel' which provides a very natural matte flush applied with the excellent (3) Real Techniques Blusher Brush that picks up and distributes really well. 


We're nearing the end of my make-up look now - see I told you it was really simple!



When you're camping at a festival, it's safe to say that any hours of sleep obtained will be minimal and therefore to hide any of those late night dark under eye circles I like to apply the heavy duty (4) Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium.

You won't want to be carrying too many brushes with you so the handy (1) NYX Setting Spray in Matte Finish will help with that one.  This spray helps keep everything in place for a long time and also gives a lovely matte finish, but if you're not into matte then they also sell a dewy finish too.

When thinking about which lipstick I should wear, I really want something that's going to be bold, beautiful and summery but also long wearing and long lasting.  My most raved about product (5) Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Frambourjoise is a clear front runner.  I know with a little slick of Vaseline this product can last me all day long and still look nice throughout.  


To add a little something-something to define my eyes I love (3) the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Pen which is super duper easy even for beginners.  This pen just glides on the eyelid and as long as you have a steady hand a perfect flick can be achieved each time.   This is also really handy for just popping in the bag too for any during the day little touch-ups.  

It's really important that you invest in a waterproof mascara for any Festival, what with the British weather being really unpredictable coupled with the fact that you will encounter several idiots who will endeavour to throw drinks (and some things I'm pretty sure I don't need to mention!) over the crowds resulting in some serious splash-age.  However, I have tried and can attest to the fact that the (2) Bourjois 1 Seconde Mascara in Waterpoof is a great little product to invest in and gives great volume whilst ensuring there aren't going to be any big panda eyes going on.


So that's it - there you have it - my as simple as I can make-up look for festivals.  If you're attending any festivals this month then hopefully this may have inspired your make-up look or product choices.

If you want to see what essentials I like to take in my handbag at festivals then a video will be going up on my YouTube channel at the weekend so keep an eye out :o)

Are you attending any festivals this month??  As always, I love hearing from you guys so either leave a comment below or tweet me @Emsylous.



No comments:

Post a Comment