Tuesday 15 July 2014

Review : L'oreal Infallible 24HR Foundation


Hey guys,

Unfortunately it is time for a disappointing product.  They cannot all be good right?

I don't like to be too negative about products but I will always be 100% honest on this blog and whilst it pains me not to love a product I have bought, it is important to let you guys know why I didn't get on with it.

A while back I treated myself to the L'oreal Infalliable 24HR Foundation in the shade '200 Golden Sand' which first off is slightly too dark for me but probably could have suited me if I was wearing this after catching a bit of sun.

However, I am not likely to wear this even in the summer months when I am all sun kissed because the formula of this product constantly breaks me out in blemishes!  I have tried using this foundation on several occasions, some where I might have had a few breakouts and other times when my skin is a lot clearer and the result is always the same - spot central - the next day after I have used this product.




Admittedly it has been a long whilst since I have purchased a L'oreal foundation (probably because I am so smitten with Rimmel) but I did not expect this from (what I consider) to be one of the better drug store brands.  

L'oreal have never failed before me when it comes to products, their mascaras are always excellent quality (the volume million lashes being my all time favourite) and their lip products get a thumbs up from me (see my rave about the L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick by Color Riche link here).

It is such a shame because I actually agree that this probably could last 24 hours (although who wants their foundation to last that long?!).  When I did try this out, I could honestly say I didn't touch up once and maybe the reason this product does break me out is because of the ingredient they must put in to make this stay in place longer than your usual foundation.  I am really not sure.  

But what I am sure about is that I won't be using this product anymore which is a shame because I actually enjoyed how it looked and I enjoyed the coverage and the staying power but I cannot risk having my skin break out every time I use a product (my skin does a good job of that on its own!).  

If you want to purchase this product then usual price is £9.99 and link is here.

Perhaps you have already tried this foundation and don't agree with my review?  Either way - agree or disagree - leave your comments down below, I would love to hear from you :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment