Tuesday 22 July 2014

Life \\ The British Tag




Hello everybody!

I was blog browsing the other day and came across Rikki from Luscious Lane. (which is a seriously cool blog if you enjoy not only beauty but interviews and lots more) and noticed that she had done The British Tag in blog form.  If you are familiar with Sammi from Beauty Crush then you may have already seen this done in video form as she originally started this so big thanks to Sammi for starting a cool, original tag.



1. How many cups of tea do you have a day + how many sugars?

I am a total tea addict.  It is a cliché that British people love tea but it's true that nothing solves a hard day done like a good cup of cha.  I will have on a normal day upwards of 5 cups of tea and if I'm feeling very enthused about tea that day maybe up to 10.  I used to take it with sugar but can you imagine the effects if I still did these days ? I have taken it without sugar for a number of years now and I like it strong but milky.   





2. Favourite part of your roast


Well it's a no brainer isn't it?  Yorky puds all the way.


3. Favourite dunking biscuit


This is a very difficult question to answer.  I am partial to a bourbon but you can't beat a chocolate Hob Nob or a normal Hob Nob for that matter when it comes to a good dunk.  But don't leave that shiz in there too long. 



4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?



Tea drinking, being sarcastic and moaning about the weather.



5. Favourite word?



I think my favourite British word is "bugger".  Like "oh bugger" not like "you little bugger".   It is just the epitome of being English. 


6. Cockney rhyme slang?



I think I know quite a few but here goes...


Apple & pears = stairs

Jam jar = car

Boat race = face
Tea leaf = thief
Sherbet (dib) dab = cab
Chicken oriental = mental
Dog & bone = phone
Skin & blister = sister
Trouble & strife = wife
Dustbin lid(s) - kid(s)
Adam & eve = believe i.e. I don't Adam and Eve it
Pete Tong = wrong
Porky pie = lie
Brown bread = dead
Ruby Murray = curry



7. Favourite sweet/ chocolate


Well my favourite sweets have got to be Liquorice Allsorts and my favourite chocolate is the one and only Cadbury's Dairy Milk (would it be anything else?).



8. What would your pub be called?


Probably keep it traditional, 'The Nags Head'.


9. No.1 British person


interpret this question as who do I think is the No.1 British person according to the rest of the world.    I think that Beckhams (okay, technically one person, but it still counts right?) do a really excellent  job of representing Britain in their respective fields. 


10. Favourite shop / restaurant


I was going to say The Body Shop for favourite shop but that technically didn't originate in Britain so I will have to go for Dorothy Perkins.  My favourite restaurant is hands down Miller & Carter (for those not in the know, it is like a classier version of Harvester minus the salad bar), their burgers and steaks could induce tears.


11. What British song pops into your head?



Pulp - Disco 2000.


12. Marmite.


I like Marmite.  I neither love it or hate it.  I have to be in the right mood for Marmite and I have to crave it, it is not something I love to put on my toast every morning.  It is however good with cheese.  If you haven't tried a Marmite and cheese toasty, you haven't lived. 



I thought this was a really fun tag and I tag all you guys if you want to do the same.


What do you think the best thing about being British is?  What things do you associate with being a Brit?

Let me know in the comments or tweet me @emsylous :o)





No comments:

Post a Comment