Tuesday 10 June 2014

Review : The Body Shop Camomile Make-Up Remover



Hello everyone,

I recently mentioned this product in my May favourites video (if you haven't had a chance to watch it yet, link is here) and I didn't have a chance to pop up a post before filming the video. 

I thought as I had already mentioned this that I would post a little more information than I shared in my video.


I am a very simple person.  I like my make up routine to be simple and I like my skin care routine to be simple.  Therefore, I don't really like adding another product into the mix which I don't feel is necessary.  I usually rely on my cleanser to take off my eye make-up but unfortunately when I was using my Soap & Glory hot cloth cleanser (full review here) I found I could not take my eye make-up off with it because it just stung my eyes too much.  Therefore, I reluctantly purchased this eye & lip make-up remover from The Body Shop.

I have to admit, I didn't use it much at first but recently I have loved using it to take my eye make-up off.  Shortly after purchasing this, I stopped using the Soap & Glory Cleanser and changed to the La Roche-Posay effaclar foaming cleanser which is great for combating my combination skin and it did take me eye make-up gently however it was drying out underneath my eyes.  Hence why I turned to this product once again.


As you can hopefully see from this photo, this solution has two parts and you shake the bottle up to mix them together.  I cannot really be sure but I can only assume this is oil based (hence the product separation) and so I thought this would be a good thing to use around my eyes to try and hydrate them a bit more (as well as using under eye cream).

I can say with certainty that the cleanser was drying out my skin under my eyes because since I've switched to using The Body Shop eye & lip make-up remover I have noticed such a difference.  Not only has this helped my skin but this make-up remover is super gentle, no stinging whatsoever and removes all traces of make-up.  I just take a cotton pad for each eye, squirt a little product on and just sweep over the eyes and hey presto.

I have also noticed that my eye lashes are looking in super duper condition at the moment as well and my mascara just looks totally different whenever I apply it recently.  My eyelashes are definitely looking longer and just much healthier they almost look false lashes.

So not only is this product helping me alleviate the poor dried out skin under my eyes but its is also a very gentle, very effective remover of eye make-up and making my lashes look great.

I am getting through this product at rapid rate and I will make sure I pick up a new one before I run out.  If you fancy trying this product then it costs £8.00 and link can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment