Saturday 20 June 2015

One Swipe Wonders





When I am in a rush and need my eyeshadow game to be on point, a one swipe product is what I am reaching for.   When pressed for time, the last thing I need to be doing doing is put this this shade on the lid, this one through the crease, blending - so time consuming.  So when I am on the go - these three little one swipe wonders are what I reach for the most.

It is lovely to have the time and energy to create an amazing eye look but sometimes, it is not always possible - may be I am in a rush, may be I just don't have the patience.  These little washes of colour are wonderful simply just on their own and achievable with just one swipe of a brush.


I am obsessed with the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr eyeshadows! These gel-cream eyeshadows are easily applied with either a finger or a brush (I like to use The Body Shop Eyshadow Brush); they give a vibrant but creamy wash of colour to the lids and they are available in some beautiful shades.  I own 65 Pink-Gold which has the name suggests is a muted pink that has a pearlescent gold finish and 35 On and On Bronze which is a great bronzy gold that goes well with anything!  You don't need a huge amount of product as these are so pigmented so a little goes a long way.  They wear really well, I have worn these all day before and they absolutely do not budge.  The formula is really creamy so once you have blended a little they don't sit in any fine lines or creases.

The other eyeshadow I am constantly reaching for when I am on the go is the L'Oreal Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow which is a single shadow in a dinky little case.  I only have one shade which is 201 Nude (or Cafe St Gemain) but I love the colour of this shadow, it's the perfect lilac-y taupe with the slightest gold shimmer.  The pigmentation of this eyeshadow is out of this world meaning you need such a small amount of product and in my opinion beats Urban Decay palettes hands down.  You cannot beat the quality of this product for a high street brand; however you may notice that it has smashed and I am not sure if there is an issue with the formula because every time I have looked at these shadows in store the testers are always smashed!  It leaks a little and so it isn't very 'handbag' friendly but in terms of wear and colour it's definitely up there  for me with the high end brands.  

From L to R : L'Oreal Color Riche Mono in 201 'Nude', Maybelline Color Tattoo in 35 On and On Bronze and Maybelline Color Tattoo in 65 Pink-Gold

What are you favourite products to reach for when you're in a rush?  I would love to hear from you!  Leave me a comment below :)

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment