Tuesday 28 April 2015

The Only Foundation You Will Ever Need : Nars Sheer Glow





I cannot believe it has taken me this long to write this post because this foundation is my favourite one I have tried in a very long time.  Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is another blogger favourite and rightly so, it has got great coverage, it is light weight and sits well on the skin and it lasts for a good amount of time.

I believe a lot of make-up items can be bought from the drugstore - lipsticks, blusher and especially mascara but foundation is a little bit different.  I enjoy using drugstore foundations but if you are going to splurge on something then I think foundation is the only way to go.

With my birthday money I decided to treat myself to the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation which has a lot of hype around it and a lot of people have good things to say about this in the blogosphere.  I went along to my nearest Space.NK. to get colour matched and I ended up with the shade Mont Blanc which at the time I thought might be a little light for me but the more I use this the more it suits my skin tone.  


This foundation gives really excellent coverage and this is coming from someone that needs good coverage 75% of the time.  I would describe it as medium to full coverage and I can get away with only this foundation when I don't need to cover any blemishes but this foundation still does an excellent job when adding in a little concealer where necessary.   The finish is not matte but I certainly would not describe this as dewy either and I would suggest this will suit someone with oily skin like myself.  It does not sit in pores or ever look cakey and used with a good primer or make-up setter will last all day providing you're not doing anything too strenuous like running a marathon!

To use I just apply one pump on the back of my hand and using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff this in to give a nice even finish.  I usually have a little left over so on my cheeks where I suffer from a more uneven complexion I like to take my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and just dab onto my cheeks for a little extra coverage.

When I first bought this foundation, I did not get the pump (which is sold separately) and I really struggled to use this foundation.  Without the pump, I had to tip this out of the bottle onto the back of my hand which often meant I ended up wasting quite a bit of product.  From what I understand, it is recommended that this foundation is applied with your fingers so that is why this is not sold with a pump.  The foundation should be held up against your finger and tipped in order to get the product onto your finger and applied directly to the skin.

I for one am not the kind of person who would ever apply my foundation using my fingers and I am not sure I know anyone who would.  So if you like using a foundation brush or sponge to apply your foundation I cannot stress strongly enough how much easier it will make using this product if you purchase the pump which distributes a good pump which for me is enough to give a good amount of coverage.  However, I waited months to get my hands on a pump as they are like gold dust so if you can not get hold of one in store or online, I would suggest going into Space.NK. and putting your name down in a list for when they next come back into stock.

Photo not edited - just flawless coverage!
I always wear this foundation when filming videos as it gives great coverage which means I do not need to touch up during filming and looks great under my studio lights.

Have you tried the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation or any other foundation by Nars?  I would love to know your thoughts!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment