Saturday 31 January 2015

New In : Space.NK Sale the Laura Mercier Edit






Further to my Aspirations for 2015 post which I wrote recently, I think I need to add 'stop buying new things' to that list.  Perhaps I'll try that for February... I was recently perusing the Space.NK website and happened to spot a few beauties by Laura Mercier in the sale. 

Laura Mercier is a brand I have been wanting to try for a while now but never getting round to it;  so when I found the Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star and Lip Pencil in Praline I just thought, why not?


My eyes were drawn to the Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star which is a gorgeous light bronzed golden shimmer.  It's a great shade which is versatile; subtle enough to wear during the day or it could be built up for a more intense evening look.  I have already played around with this a few times and it looks really great over the top of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze.


Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star and Lip Pencil in Praline

The next item I noticed was the Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in the shade Praline.  I have been after a 'nude' lip liner for a while now and although the shade looked good on the website, I was slightly disappointed when this come through the post.  The shade is too peachy for my natural lip colour and so it's not really a great fit for me which is a shame.   The actual product itself comes out too thin, it's not very creamy and it's quite starchy on the lips when applied.  

The one plus point is the pencil sharpener which is concealed neatly in the packaging and I must admit, was an added bonus. 

Have you tried any products by Laura Mercier?  I'd love to hear about some of your recommendations if you have any!

Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment