Sunday 25 January 2015

3 Stars : Hard Hitting Concealers




There aren't many days when I don't need to conceal something - whether it's a bit blemish, some dark circles or just when I'm need of a little extra coverage on my skin over the top of my foundation.

There are so many concealers out there so it can be tricky picking one;  that's why I have given a run down of my favourite for the different types of concealment you may need.




First up is my best concealer for blemishes and that's the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.   With claims of 16 hour long wear, this concealer is a great asset to any make-up bag but especially for those with problem prone skin like mine.  The formula is thick but creamily which means it gives you great coverage without being too cakey and with a little extra help from some setting powder, this can last for a good 6 hours into my working day.  With a little touch up after my lunchtime work out, I'm all set to go again until bed time.

The concealer I'm reaching for the most when it comes to covering up those pesky under-eye circles is the Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer.  With it's clever 3-in-1 formula to help conceal, highlight and illuminate, this product not only helps cover up dark circles but also gives light and radiance to the under eye and lid area to give the appearance of a good nights' sleep.

When I'm in a rush and I don't have much time to spare then a great all rounder is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer.  This concealer isn't as thick as the Collection and it's slightly more watery but it still managers to do a good job of concealing blemishes.  As well as a good consistency, this concealer also contains an anti-fatigue formula to help wake up the eye are.  With peptides and a vitamin moisturising complex this concealer is doing a good job for your skin as well as concealing those tell-tale signs of a late night.

Have you tried any of these products? If not, what are your favourite concealers? I'd love to hear about them!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment