Sunday 16 February 2014

Review: Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil

Hello everyone,

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

I purchased The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil over a week ago now but, as with many products I review here, I really wanted to see how I got on with this before I reviewed it.



I was very worried how this would affect my skin as I am quite spot prone and my big concern was that oil would make me instantly break out.

I first tried this out last Saturday night as I had done some really EARLY overtime in work that day and I thought this would give a great boost to my skin the following morning.

So after cleansing, I put just two drops in the palms of my hands and rubbed my hands together in order to get the product nice and warm, then I just gently dabbed all over my skin (including neck) and then rubbed in by going round in circles with my index and middle finger, making sure all the oil was worked into my skin properly.  There is a leaflet you can pick up in store if you're about to purchase which tells you how to get the best out of this product and I would suggest picking up a copy so you can find the best way for you.

I have already admitted in previous posts that I am not a huge moisturiser fan (gasp!) but I felt like the winter was really taking its toll on my skin recently (what with all the central heating and harsh winds) and I really needed a hydration boost.  This really did the trick.  The next morning my skin looked really plump, and felt so hydrated.  It made my face and neck feel really soft and although I still felt tired, my skin didn't look tired at all, it looked really rejuvenated and fresh.

I have used this product three times in total, once more as above and I also tried blending in with moisturiser and leaving overnight although I don't know if I would do this again as it made my skin feel sticky and surprise, surprise, I got a spot come up the next day (eek!).  I'm putting this down to me not rubbing this in as much as I did when I just applied directly so I will ensure in future that I just apply it direct and really massage this product in properly.

But this is a really great product.  I have never used an overnight serum before and I'm really glad I picked this up.  I am sure I use this whenever I know I am going to have a late night / early morning or when I just need a little hydration boost.  It also really calmed down the redness which I suffer from on my cheeks so that was a great little plus too.

If you are looking for a product which will help you look bright eyed and bushy tailed even when you don't feel like it (and, let's face it, we all have those days) or if you are just looking for a really quick fix for any dry skin you may be suffering with then this is a really great investment.  It will definitely feature in my February favourites as I can see this becoming a winter essential (even though winter is nearly finished, hurray!)

Usual price is £12.00 and can be found here.

As a little side note, I am really interested in trying more from The Body Shop Vitamin E range and I am sure I will have some bits and pieces for you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment