Wednesday 12 February 2014

Review : Maybelline - The Eraser Eye Perfect and Cover Concealer

Hello fellow beauty enthusiasts!

So if you are a beauty blogger addict like myself, then you may have already seen this product mentioned a few times.  But I wanted to see what all the fuss was about myself and so decided to invest.


A few years ago, I used to own the YSL Touche Eclat pen (link is here) which if you have already heard of this you may know this is a serious investment because not only is it very good but it is also very expensive.

I originally picked this up at Duty Free and in those days you had more shades to pick from then in say Boots or Debenhams.  When I went to replace my one after it had run out I was told they only did one shade unless you were in Duty Free so I was disappointed because I would have liked the same shade again (not available in normal stores).  Like I say, this was a fair few years ago and I see now they do a lot more than just one shade but as much as I loved it, I wanted to try and find myself a cheaper alternative because these things do tend to get used up quickly.

I never did replace it as I didn't really feel the need to but I have noticed lately I do have some pretty dark under eye circles going on and now I have been using this product, I honestly don't know how I used to go without it.

For the purposes of this post, I have left all photos untouched and therefore what you see is the real deal (the things I do for this blog!)

Under eye circles at their finest
When I looked online to see what shades they do, I couldn't really find an awful lot and to be honest, I only saw two shades personally when I bought this but link to Maybelline website is here and they appear to do 5 or 6 shades. I purchased this in 'light' as it is better to get a lighter shade than you would usually use for your foundation when you're looking for an under eye concealer because you are aiming to make your eyes look brighter.

To use this product you have to give it a fair few clicks to get anything to come out but be patient, it will take like 5 minutes! But once product comes to the surface you will see it on the sponge.

So it is up to you how you want to apply it, at first I was dabbing it on with the sponge but patting it with my fingers to blend but in fact I tried just gently using the sponge after dabbing to blend in and it worked just as well.  Don't forget that as well as brushes, your fingers are always a great tool when applying make up (but be sure to wash hands before!).  All I would say is please ensure you do not 'rub' the skin under your eyes but lightly 'dab' as this skin is very delicate.




This product is really creamy and doesn't crease, look dry or flaky after application.  It is highly pigmented and lasts all day long. The fact that this also contains some anti-ageing ingredients mean that I'm also caring for the skin underneath my eyes too so that gets a big thumbs up from me. 

So as you can see, the results are just much more appealing then those tired looking eyes with huge circles underneath!  How ever did I live without it?

Usual Price is £7.99 and link is here but be quick because I know when I was trying to hunt it down in the shops, they were out of either one shade or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment